Monday, March 16, 2009

Candy Travel Guide : Norway

After over a month of non-posting and a last post about dieting, what's best than a little candy talk to come back to life uh?
For my defense I was having the time of my life with my husband in France, seeing my family and friends again and playing tourist with my infamous Mr D.
During my stay, I got visit from my lovely friend Chrissy who lives in Norway and as a consequence we decided to do a bit of candy swapping! I was pretty excited since I have never put a foot in Norway (yet!) and therefore don't know any of their confections (besides the all over Europe types).
She exceeded my expectations and brought me a HUGE selection of candy.


Norway Candy swap

I haven't been able to try many so far but here is my review of one of the most curious ones:

the Smash! bar

Smash! chocolate bar

The originality of this milk chocolate coated bar is that the inside of it is a mix of milk chocolate (always a winner) and little pieces of those crunchy hats look-alike that you usually have as a snack, yes the salty ones! I'm not sure as to how they call these in the US but in France they're sold under the name of 3Ds.
I was both curious and doubtful at first as to how this combination would work.
The bar looks like any regular chocolate bar though it is a pretty big one so one will be enough to satisfy your sweet tooth.


Smash!

When you take your first bite you can see that they have been generous with the snack bits.

Photobucket

I am NOT a big fan of the sweet&salty combination usually unless it's Asian food but I have to say that this bar managed to change my opinion. The salty grain of the snack bits makes the milk chocolate even tastier and this bar is a very nice change of pace in the world of candy.

This bar raises at 211kcal so don't make an orgy out of several ones if you wanna fit in your brand new bikini this summer! But it's definitely worth the try!


My note: 7.5 out of 10

1 comment:

  1. smash! and rice krispies exchange sweetie!!! its time! send me the new adress and i'll send you some more=) <3

    ReplyDelete