Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Saint Patrick's Day 09 at Paddy O'Reillys

Once a year, always on March 17th, green becomes my favorite color for a day!! ^^ Therefore yesterday was an orgy of green themed items, I have a very good excuse now (besides the drinking) to celebrate Paddy's Day...my lovely half happens to have some Irish blood so how could we miss it right?! It all started with myself, this year I took out the green toes:

Photobucket

We happen to have an Irish Pub called Paddy O'Reillys right down the street from where we live (I swear we didn't pick this place for this reason!lol) so with Mr D and my mother-in-law we headed there for some quality festive time and... some green beer:

Photobucket
Photobucket

There was a great atmosphere, the place was packed, the green everywhere and the house's potato skins and Irish nachos to die for:

Photobucket
Photobucket

I found a real leprechaun that I decided to kiss for good luck:

Photobucket

I even got a nice little Baileys tee-shirt for free:

Photobucket

Then we got back home and shared some of my special Green Day cupcakes:

Photobucket

Green Velvet
cupcakes with Baileys frosting...yummm!


Overall a very nice day :D

4 comments:

  1. How did the green beer taste?? It looks sooo cool. Oh and im curious about the green cupcakes too!! Looks like it was a superfun day=)

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. the Green beer tastes just like regular beer...it's all about the food coloring!lol
    cupcakes were pretty good, they were fun and easy to make too.
    was a really great day, i wanna be in Ireland next year for St Paddy's Day :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. im a pro with food colouring, remember the goth cookie castle?^^

    it would be cool if we had a colour day, you wear everything purple, eat only purple, drink only purple ++ and i'll do the same with pink^^
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. that sounds like a funny idea, we def need to do that...just don't expect me to eat eggplants *yerk*

    ReplyDelete