Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My Master Cleanse journey day 2

So here I am back...almost 48 hours after the start of my detox.Let me recap for you...
Yesterday was going good and I didn't really have any symptoms (besides obvious hunger) like fatigue or headaches etc so I was all happy and proud of myself...even could stand going to the grocery store to get more lemons and juice. It was all good and steady....until 6:00pm! Then I started being extremely HUNGRY, I needed food and I needed it N-O-W! I tried to not think about it, tried to sit down, drank my vegetable broth but nothing helped (especially not my man eating chicken wraps and Boston crème pie,grrrr) and I finally gave up, ran to the kitchen and made myself an English muffin with no-fat cream cheese...bad, BAD Frenchie! I felt really ashamed of myself afterwards, like come on people starve for weeks and you cannot even handle 24 hours?! But I couldn't bear it and I felt dizzy so I didn't wanna pass out either. After the English muffin intervention I decided I'd still keep on doing the cleanse so I drank my herbal tea and went to bed.
This morning, Day 2, I woke up with a bad BAD headache. I don't know if it was from the lack of food OR the female cat who decided to make a nest under our bedroom (ask for the details) and cried ALL night but I thought "Oh great, this is starting good!". Then magically after my herbal tea and glass of lemonade the headache disappeared and left me all motivated again. So now it is 8:30pm and I am still alive and guess what?...NO fridge mission for me today...I didn't even really feel the need! I still would enjoy some food but I don't have that awful hunger feeling anymore (at least not today). I could even stand making my man dinner and getting his lunch pack ready for tomorrow without feeling like cutting my own arm to either beat myself with or devour it! I have to say though that I'm having a bit of a problem with the vegetable juice...I'm not a fan of it, I think because of the tomato juice (yerkkkk tomato juice!) in it. So it took me forever to drink my glass tonight. Besides that still no sign of fatigue, I feel just like any regular day.
Now off to bed and we'll see what tomorrow brings....

UPDATE: After 5 days of this diet I slowly started to eat again just because I felt like I had achieved my goal of getting cleaned up and my body felt much lighter and in better condition. I also didn't have any cravings such as candy, fast food, etc...it was a pretty funny feeling to be in the grocery store seeing all the Valentines Day candy and think "yeah I know that this is good but i don't feel like eating it right now". I couldn't weight myself but I know I lost a few pounds cause my clothes felt looser and well I could see it in the mirror too...even my man noticed!

1 comment:

  1. Im curious about day 3 now! Im a little worried about you, so you better not push yourself too much, or im gonna have to come and take you to IN&OU !!! <3

    Tomato juice. ew.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete